Deals to Die for Halloween Day and 10 Halloween facts
Mr.Inkwells is the place to be on Halloween! Deals to Die for and Halloween facts that you probably didn’t know!
Secret Deal of the Day!
Put your hand in “Pandora”s Box” if you dare and revel scary good savings. Up to 30% any Tattoo!
Frightful Flash Deals
New flash Starting at only $69! There will be something for any ghost, goblin, or monster…
Tarot Card Readings
Are you brave enough to see what the cards have to say about you? If so, come on down to Mr. Inkwells on Halloween for your Tarot Reading….
Halloween Double Creature Feature!
-House Of The Devil-
-Trick ‘r Treat-
Plus, we will have goodies for all you candy monsters out there!
- 3,000 years ago the Egyptians were making candy with honey, fruits, and nuts.
- In 1847 the 1st chocolate bar was made in England
- 1898 Candy Corn was invented in the United States by the Goelitz Candy Company (now the Jelly Belly Candy Company).
- In the 1930’s and 1940’s kids in the US trick or treated and received homemade treats, small toys, and coins from neighbors.
- In the 1950’s candy companies started advertising that candy should be given out on Halloween which would take the place of the time consuming baked goods.
- Today Americans spend over 3 billion dollars in candy during Halloween
- Halloween is more Irish than St.Patricks Day
- Jack o’ lanterns were once made out of turnips, beets, and potatoes instead of pumpkins
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Halloween has variously been called All Hallows’ Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool, Snap-Apple Night, Samhaim, and Summer’s End.
More on the history of Halloween can be found Here.