Coronavirus Tattoo Shop Reopening Plan: Phased COVID19 Tattoo Shop Opening
*(Update, as of Sept. 9th we are in Phase 2 of the Tattoo Shop Reopening Plan)
**(Update, as of Nov. 16th we have dialed back to Phase 1 of our Tattoo Shop Reopening Plan)
****(Update, as of Dec. 6th we are closed due to the new California Stay at Home Order )
****(Update, as of Jan. 14th we have moved back to Phase 1 of our Tattoo Shop Reopening Plan)
***** (Update, as of June 15th 2021 we have entered Phase 4 of the Tattoo Shop Reopening Plan)
We are excited to start tattooing again soon. We know getting a tattoo can be a little nerve wracking, this is intensified in the wake of the coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic. That is why we want you to know the first thing on our mind is your safety. That is why we have come up with added procedures to ensure your safety and peace of mind while getting your new tattoo.
Tattooing has always been a medical procedure. As such, even before fears of spreading coronavirus (COVID19), we have had the highest standards when it comes to the health and safety of our employees, and of course you, our clients.
These standard health and safety precautions include, but are not limited to:
- Wearing the highest quality medical grade gloves during all parts of the tattoo procedure. And, changing those gloves throughout the procedure to prevent cross contamination.
- Using only sterilized disposal equipment and supplies for tattoo procedure, and covering non disposable equipment with medical grad barrie film.
- Cleaning all surfaces, non-disposable equipment, and items, in the tattoo procedure area with the strongest medical grade disinfectant and cleaner. This is done before and after each tattoo procedure, as well as during if needed.
- Cleaning of the entire tattoo shop multiple times daily to ensure cleanliness throughout all areas of the tattoo shop.
- Use of only the industry's safest tattoo inks. These inks are tested for quality, all natural, and vegan.
- Industry leading tattoo aftercare process and products to ensure safety in the time following the tattoo procedure, and to ensure your tattoo heals as quick and as well as possible.
- 100% Touch free consent forms and payments. You can fill out your consent form and pay from your phone all 100% touch free.
- This, and much more ....
In addition to these industry leading tattoo health and safety practices we will be implementing even more tattoo safety guidelines to ensure your safety when getting a new tattoo.
We want to make your experience at our tattoo shop great. With this in mind, when reopening Mr. Inkwells tattoo shop we are going to err on the side of caution when it comes to safety. Which is why we will reopen our tattoo shop in a phased approach. This will ensure we follow the healthiest and safest path for everyone involved with the tattoo process.
Tattoo Shop Reopening Phase 1:
- Tattoos will be by appointment only. (No walk-ins will be permitted during this time) To book an appointment use our online booking form by clicking here, or call (562) 446-3656.
- The tattoo shop will operate at only 50% capacity, to ensure that safe social distancing is maintained within the tattoo shop.
- Temperature checks for all employees daily prior to beginning their scheduled shift.
-Temperature checks for everyone who enters the tattoo shop (With a medical grade no touch thermometer).
- All artists and clients will be required to wear masks (standard face covering) throughout the tattoo process while in the tattoo procedure area.
- No guests will be allowed in the tattoo procedure area. Only tattoo artists, clients, and tattoo shop staff.
- If the waiting room is being used, clients will be asked to wait outside of the tattoo shop and wait to be called.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms is asked to reschedule their tattoo appointment.
- Same rules as Phase 1 with the exceptions of:
- Tattoo shop will begin operating at 60% capacity if it is deemed safe to do so.
Tattoo Shop Reopening Phase 3:
- Same as Phase 2 with the exceptions of:
- We will begin allowing a limited number walk-ins into the tattoo shop. These walk-ins will only be permitted to enter when space and availability permits.
- One guest per tattoo client will be allowed in the tattoo procedure area if the tattoo artist feels it is safe. Other than that, only tattoo artists, clients, and tattoo shop staff.
- Tattoo shop will begin operating at up to 75% capacity if it is deemed safe to do so.
Tattoo Shop Reopening Phase 4:
- Phase 4 is back to business as usual. We still adhere to the strictest safety protocols to ensure the safety of our tattoo artists and their clients.
We are currently in Phase 4 of the tattoo shop reopening plan, and are now following the State reopening guidelines .
We are excited to get back to tattooing you again soon, and we thank you ahead of time for your continued support during this strange time.
Thanks, and see you soon!